The 2019 workshop is open to 12 participants from a diversity of backgrounds. Applicants should be:
• +21 years of age• completed higher education• 3+ years of relevant work experience• Fluent in English —additional knowledge of Spanish is not required but a plus• high level of motivation and self-organisation
We welcome participants with additional skills and experience in interdisciplinary learning, community engagement, participatory planning, journalism and filmmaking, conflict-resolution, field-research, environmental research, data collection and scientific expeditions.
Application to the 2019 Field Stations program consists of two parts:
• Part I: Online application form• Part II: Combined PDF with supporting documents:— 500-word personal statement— Curriculum Vitae— Work Samples (max. 10 pages)*— Contact list of three professional or academic references
*Work should have been completed in the last 5 years and demonstrate your skills and interests as they relate to the Field Station Agenda. Acceptable examples of work are project/research documentation, writing samples, photography, video clip links, personal/professional websites, etc.
Applications for the 2019 Field Station Workshop are currently being accepted.
• March 18: The deadline for submissions
• March 25: All applicants will be contacted
• April 1-5 : Applicant interviews
• April 15: Candidates Notified
• May 1: Deadline for acceptance of participation, participation fee due.
• July 15 - August 11: Program Duration
• August 30: Project documentation due
All participants will be awarded a full-tuition grant. Tuition covers costs associated with the workshop:
• Accommodation & meals• Local transportation • Entrance fees• Instructor, faculty, and extra guide fees
Participants should be prepared to cover some meals and personal purchases. The cost of international travel and personal expenses —such as visa fees, vaccinations, medical fees, insurance, phone service, academic supplies, laundry and lodging before and after the program— are not included in the tuition price.
A $250 program fee is required of all participants. This fee is non-refundable within 30 days of the program start. All notification of participation cancellation must be received in writing. If notice of participation cancellation is received within less than 30 days of scheduled program start, the participant will forfeit the entire fee amount.
While all participants are offered a full-tuition grant, we recognize this grant does not cover all the costs to participate. Field Stations may be able to offer some additional funding to outstanding applicants who demonstrate financial need. Please contact us directly to discuss scholarship options.